Regarding Server Transfer

Started by Einzo, January 29, 2013, 12:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Einzo

We have been debating among ourselves whether we should transfer server at the last minute due to other Guilds transferring off Crystal Desert at the last minute and so on. For now, we have decided to stay on Crystal Desert for 2 weeks and monitor the WvW situation, in hope that it will balance out. We may transfer server if the WvW situation does not improve.

Note: This is just a "preparation" for the worst case scenario. We are not confirmed on moving yet.

From my point of view, we have to take these into consideration if we want to transfer server.

1. Guild Mates: I don't want to leave anyone behind. Some may not want to transfer due to Gems cost or their friends are still in Crystal Desert. Also it is not cheap to do a server transfer.

2. Rebuild Guild from scratch: We will lose all our Guild upgrades. Are the Guild members able to live with no Guild buffs for a few months while we rebuild the Guild?

3. We can't predict the future and what if we transfer and the same situation happens again? We need to rebuild the Guild from scratch and spend Gems to transfer again?

4. Bonds: We have made some friends with people from other Guilds on Crystal Desert. Don't really feel like leaving them behind.

A server transfer is a major decision for the Guild and I'd like to know the input of the Guild members. Please participate in this poll and cast your vote as how the Guild progresses also depends on your votes. If you have any suggestions or better ideas, please feel free to share it with us. Thanks!

Kyndred

Personal standpoint, I started off neutral. Points stated below

No (Don't Move) - Crystal desert is becoming a ghost town and it seems even worse now that there is a exodus of guild shifting out. But historically speaking, i'm giving a random example here, When the "jews" moved out of Egypt. The egypt people were like "Wtf, we gotz no more manpower". However they didn't just say "fk it, lets just pack up and go somewhere more populated". They stayed put probably cause most of their infrastructure(guild buffs) was already built and eventually travelers and tourists came to repopulate the place.

Yes (Move) - Again historically speaking, the moving party usually has more success building a new civilization. E.g. Japan>China, America>Britain, Singapore>Malaysia. So we can anticipate a general positive effect from a guild server shift IF everyone has the dedication to rebuild from scratch.

TLDR: If you're dedicated to EsF and want it to improve. Vote Yes.
kin·dred  (kndrd)
Noun. A group of related persons, as a clan or tribe.
Adj. Of the same ancestry or family: kindred clans.

Einzo

After all the issues and things going on tonight.. I am unable to sleep.. So I did some research on "mass exodus of Guilds" cases in other servers.

Henge of Denravi (HoD) was one of the top tier WvW server with some reputable Guilds and the Titan Alliance. They were doing well until the case of "mass exodus of Guilds" happened. Guilds left the server and caused panicked, stirred other Guilds off their course and influenced them to transfer server as well. The server went downhill but some Guilds refused to let the actions of other Guilds rock their boat and instead they stayed and fight on for their server. One good example will be Charter Vanguard. They have been sticking to their beliefs, to their bonds with the Guild mates in the Guild, went through the difficult times together as a Guild and still have fun together as a Guild. It is not easy to achieve such a feat but yet they have managed to do so. I also hope that we can achieve the same feat as a Guild or do even better.

There will always be ups and downs. Nothing will ever be smooth sailing forever. There is no guarantee that "mass exodus of Guilds" scenario won't happen again to the server we transfer to. So why not look on the bright side and think of solutions and ways to work together as a Guild and with other Guilds on the server to fight on for our server instead of getting influenced by others and let them rock our boat? Instead of getting influenced by others, why not take this opportunity to influence others by proving ourselves and get them to fight together with us? When we hit rock bottom, the only way we can go is up. It will not be easy, things are gonna get tough, but we can take it as a challenge for us.

There will be temptations, there will be panicks, there will be people trying to influence you to leave the server or leave the Guild, etc but let us stick together as a Guild and pull this through. I believe we can do it and we shall. Einsof will always be around.

These are my thoughts...

blurbleh

whatever ur decision is, im always with yall.
not like i have anywhere else to go

Exaelor

Oh? transferring server? sry just got back to gw2, anyone still rolling?

phyllisgal

Exaelor

ohk! can i have a rejoin back to guild?

phyllisgal

pm streamdevil ingame hes GL now